Search This Blog

Friday, 9 December 2011

Pavlova

This week I made a pavlova.  I made it because we had a huge pineapple from our garden!

Here is the recipe to make pavlova:

Ingredients
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
200g caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1tsp lemon juice
carton cream
fresh fruits

Steps:
Preheat oven to 140C
Add salt to egg whites+whisk until very stiff
Gradually add sugar, whisking until very stiff
Stir in cornflour, vanilla+lemon
Spoon onto baking sheet+form 3cm deep circle
Bake 1hr until looks pale brown+ hard to touch
Cool+top with cream and fruit

I found cracking the eggs hard because I accidently let some of the yolk in!
I also found whisking a bit hard because I couldn't keep my arm up for long!!

I hope you like it to!

4 comments:

  1. Another tasty dessert Elise! Thanks for baking it for us!!

    Love Mumxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! How wonderful to have fresh pineapples in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! I remember trying to whisk egg whites by hand one time a few years ago... you are a champ! And a fresh pineapple from your garden? Thanks amazing! Way to go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pavlova is one of my all time favourite deserts and yours looks amazing!

    I think you are very clever to have made this, I'm not even sure I am confident enough to attempt it.

    Well done!

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete